Baby Chicken & Pea Carbonara
Egg is the secret to making this baby carbonara deliciously creamy. This recipe is also perfect for introducing texture with baby pasta shapes, perfect for little hands.
- 50g small pasta shapes
- 25g peas
- 2 tablespoon full fat milk
- 1 medium British Lion egg yolk
- 15g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 25g cooked chicken, diced
- 15g ripe avocado, diced
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Add the peas 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Mix the milk, raw yolk and cheese together in a small bowl.
- Drain the pasta and peas and tip back into the saucepan.
- Quickly add the egg mixture and stir over a low heat for a few seconds until the sauce has thickened and is coating the pasta.
- Add the chicken and avocado and serve at once.