Baby Brunch Pizzas
Pizza delivery…straight from the kitchen! A little tip; cook the egg so that it is soft but not too runny and slice into manageable pieces.
- 100g strong white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon fast action dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 70mls warm water
- (or use ready-made pizza dough/bases)
- 3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- ¼ clove garlic, crushed
- 25g leaf spinach
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 20g mozzarella, sliced
- 15g mature cheddar, grated
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / 425°F / Gas 7.
- Make the dough. Measure the flour, yeast, oil and water into a mixing bowl. Stir together until a dough is foamed.
- Put onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and shiny.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 45- hour until doubled in size.
- Mix the tomatoes, puree and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Put the spinach in a small pan with 1 tablespoon of water, stir over the heat until wilted. Drain and leave to cool.
- Once the dough has risen, tip onto a surface and roll out to a circle about 20cm wide. Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper.
- Spread the tomato mixture over the surface and then top with the spinach. tomatoes and cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until well risen and golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Crack the egg into the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes over a medium heat, basting with the oil until the white is cooked and the yolk is soft but not too runny.
- Place the fried egg on top of the pizza and slice into fingers.
If time is short you can use one readymade pizza base about 20cm wide and continue with the method from step 8.