Baby Baked Potatoes
New potatoes make the perfect finger food for kids. Load them with sour cream and chives for a delicious filling.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 8 new potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 tsp chopped chives or 1 small spring onion finely chopped
- 30 g grated cheese
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Put the potatoes into a medium bowl, drizzle over the oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes with the oil, then, transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and leave to cool slightly, then cut in half and carefully scoop out some of the centre with a teaspoon. Put the scooped potato into a small bowl and add the sour cream and chives. Mash together thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the filling into the potato skins and sprinkle over the cheese (if using). Return to the baking sheet and bake for a further 5-10 minutes, until heated through.
- The filled potatoes can be refrigerated overnight then reheated in a 200c/400F/Gas 6 oven for a15-20 minutes.