Autumn Apple Muffins
Did someone say elevenses? These appletastic muffins are a great mid-morning snack with a cuppa.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 75 g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled & grated
- 75 g raisins
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
1. You will need a 12 hole muffin tin lined with muffin cases. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C Fan.
2. Measure the flour, sugar, spices, baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Measure the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract into a small mixing bowl. Beat until blended, then add to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the apple and raisins, then whisk together until combined.
4. Divide between the muffin cases.
5. Mix the topping ingredients together. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
7. Cool on a wire rack.