First Apple Puree
Embark on your weaning adventure with apples. This lovely apple puree recipe is best made with the sweeter varieties of apple such as Pink Lady, Royal Gala or Jazz. Don’t forget to check the fruit is ripe first before giving it to your baby.
- 2 sweet eating apples eg: Pink Lady, Royal Gala or Jazz Apples
- 4 to 5 tbsp water or pure apple juice
- Peel, halve, core and chop the apples. Put into a heavy-based saucepan with the water or apple juice. Cover and cook over a low heat for 6 to 8 minutes until really tender.
- Puree in a food processor or place in a bowl and use a hand blender to blend to your desired consistency. Freeze in individual portions.
- You could also steam the apples for 7 to 8 minutes until tender If steaming you can add some of the boiled water from the bottom of the steamer to thin out the puree.