Annabel’s Yummy Beefburgers
These burgers have a secret ingredient which makes them super yummy… (shh, it’s apple!) Watch them sizzle & serve with a chunk of tomato relish & salad.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- 250 g minced beef
- 3 tbsp tomato chutney (or tomato relish)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp flour, for dusting
- Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil for 5–6 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Tear the bread into pieces and put in a food processor with the onion mixture and blitz together.
- If you want a really smooth texture, pulse all the ingredients together in the food processor for a few seconds. If not, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Form the mixture into 6 burgers using flour-dusted hands.
- Fry the burgers in the remaining oil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side over a medium-to-low heat. If you fry over a high heat, because of the sugar in the tomato chutney the burgers have a tendency to burn.
- Alternatively cook the burgers under a pre-heated grill.
- Serve in a bun with lettuce and tomato.
- To freeze, line a baking tray with cling film and place the uncooked burgers on it. Cover with another sheet of cling film and freeze until solid. Remove burgers from tray and store in a re-sealable bag or box.