Annabel’s Ultimate Chicken Pesto Pasta
Family favourite alert! The combination of pesto, soy, balsamic and sweet cherry tomatoes packs a real flavour punch in this pasta dish. We promise you’ll be adding this recipe to your repertoire for future teatime triumphs.
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 brown onion
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 45g classic basil pesto
- 250g diced chicken breast
- 150g fusilloni
- 1 garlic clove
- 40g Italian hard cheese
- 10g soy sauce sachet
- Boil a kettle. Add the fusilloni to a pot of boiled water with a large pinch of salt and bring to the boil over a high heat. Cook the fusilloni for 12-14 min or until cooked with a slight bite..Once done, drain the fusilloni, reserving a cup of the starchy pasta water.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the onion. Peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlic.
- Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) with a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat. Once hot, add the sliced onion with a pinch of salt and cook for 5-6 min or until softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- Once softened, add the garlic and diced chicken to the onion with and cook for 4-5 min or until the chicken is cooked through
- Add the chopped cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 min, stirring gently until warmed through
- Meanwhile, grate the Italian hard cheese
- Add the drained pasta to the pan with the pesto, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar and give everything a good old mix up. Cook for 1-2 min or until the sauce begins to stick to the pasta
- Tip: add a small splash of starchy pasta water if you want to loosen the sauce a little! Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Serve the chicken pesto pasta topped with the grated Italian hard cheese. Enjoy!