Annabel’s Quinoa Salad
If using dried quinoa, rinse it in a sieve under cold water before following the instructions on the packet. Once it is cooked and all the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat and leave uncovered for about 5 minutes , then fluff up the quinoa with a fork.
- 250g packet red and white quinoa (cooked weight)
- 1 x 198g sweetcorn, drained
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 30g sultanas
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- Dash of sugar
- 6 tbsp light olive oil
- Open the packet of quinoa. Place in a bowl. Add 100 ml of water. Cover with clingfilm and make some holes . Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes until fluffy. Leave to stand until cold.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the quinoa and season.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together . Pour over the salad.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.