Annabel’s Chicken Dippers
Very yummy and a great favourite with my children. Good served in a rolled up cone made from a comic lined with greaseproof paper. Suitable for freezing before cooking.
- 200 g chicken breasts
- 20 g freshly grated parmesan
- 20 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 45 g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tsps paprika
- 1 tsps cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- Cut each chicken breast into 1 cm / ½ in fingers. Mix together the parmesan, cheddar, dried breadcrumbs, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Place the egg in a shallow dish, the flour in another and the cheesy breadcrumb mixture in a third. Dip each chicken finger first into the flour, then in the beaten egg and finally coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Pour the sunflower oil into a frying pan and fry over a medium heat in batches, taking care not to crowd the pan. Saute for about 2 minutes each side until golden and then drain on absorbent kitchen paper.