Salmon, Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
This recipe uses cow’s milk but if you’d prefer, you can use breast or formula milk instead.
For the Fish:
- 75 g salmon fillet, skinned
- a small knob of butter
- 50 g broccoli florets
For the Sauce:
- 15 g butter
- 15 g flour
- 200 ml milk
- 20 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
1. Put the salmon in the microwave dish and dot with butter. Cover with cling film, leaving an air vent, and microwave for 90 seconds. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 4 minutes.
2. To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk, then continue to stir over a low heat for
about 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
3. Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the Gruyère and Parmesan until melted, then mix in the mascarpone.
4. Flake the salmon and finely chop the broccoli, then stir both into the cheese sauce.