Sticky Mango Chicken
For a vibrant dish for all, try this mango chicken with spinach. If making for adults or older children, try adding toasted pine nuts for extra crunch.
For the Chicken:
- 2 2 chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Spinach & Mango Salad
- 100 g spinach carefully washed
- 1/2 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 40 g dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the mango chutney, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Pour this over the chicken and leave to marinate for at least one hour, turning occasionally.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and reserve,
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the grill and spoon over a little of the sauce, then continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until the chicken is turning golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. In a bowl, combine the spinach, mango and cranberries and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top (if using)