Sea Bass with Spring Vegetables
Add depth of flavour to sea bass with this deliciously creamy & light sauce, made from onions, mushrooms, white wine crème fraîche & tarragon.
For the Sea Bass:
- 2 sea bass fillets
- a little plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a knob of butter
For the Sauce:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml white wine
- 100 ml crème fraiche
- 1 tsp tarragon, chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 100 g fine asparagus
- Put the seabass onto a plate. Season and then dust with flour.
- Heat a frying pan until hot. Add the oil and butter then fry the sea bass flesh side down for 4 minutes. Turnover and fry for another 3 – 4 minutes until cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, drain and refresh in cold water. Slice into small pieces.
- Put the tomatoes into boiling water for 2 minutes. Refresh in cold water then remove the skin and seeds. Thinly slice into strips.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a clean frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add the wine – reduce by half and then add the crème fraiche, tarragon and season.
- Bring up to the boil and reduce a little. Add the asparagus and tomatoes.
- Serve with the sea bass.