Salt & Pepper Squid
Add paprika to your coating to give this tender squid a kick. Serve with a dip of sour cream & sweet chilli sauce.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Squid:
- 500 g cleaned squid, sliced into 1 cm rings
- 75 g cornflour
- 2 tsp peppercorns, crushed finely
- 2 tsp salt
- 500 ml sunflower oil
For the Sauce:
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Put the cornflour, salt and crushed pepper into a jug.
- Add the squid rings and shake to make a thin coating over the squid.
- Heat the oil I a deep saucepan.
- When very hot, add the squid , frying I small batches for about 2 to 3 minutes . They should be slightly golden in colour.
- Drain on kitchen paper, then squeeze with lemon.
- To make the sauce. Mix the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Serve with the squid.