Pregnant? It’s important to consume up to two portions of oily fish a week, as fish like salmon provides a brain-building dose of omega 3 oils.
For the Salmon:
- 2 heaped tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- 2 tsp chopped dil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 x 100 g pieces salmon fillet, skinned
- 10 g fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 10 g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp chives
For the Salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded & chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 Fan/ Gas 6.
- To make the topping. Mix the cream cheese, chives, basil, dill and lemon juice together and season.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the fillets, covering the whole fillets. Place on a baking sheet. Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and 1 tbsp chives together. Sprinkle over the fillets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and the topping is lightly golden brown. If the topping is a little pale, you can quickly brown under a hot grill to crisp the top.
- To make the salsa – mix the tomatoes, spring onions, olive oil, vinegar and basil together. Season and serve with the salmon.