Pesto Rice Salad
Oozing with colour & lots of yummy goodness, this Pesto Rice Salad is the ultimate lunchbox winner.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 200 g long grain rice
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1x189 g can sweetcorn
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, sliced into small pieces
- 1 bunch of spriing onions, sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 100 g French beans, sliced
- 75 g amll broccoli florrets
- 4 tbsb fresh pesto
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp basil, chopped
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water, drain and leave to cool. Measure the pepper, sweetcorn, tomatoes, spring onion and chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Either steam the beans and broccoli for a few minutes until tender or cook in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the vegetables. Add the rice, beans and broccoli and season well. Chill until ready to serve.