Babies prefer an overall lumpy, soft texture rather than surprise lumps, so this recipe is a great way to introduce texture.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125 g lean minced beef
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp pure, unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the beef and brown the meat.
- Add the tomatoes and thyme, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend for a few seconds so that everything is very finely choppped, then stir in the apple juice and Parmesan.
- Serve with small cooked pasta shapes.