Unleash the Moroccan flavour in this meatball dish, which is mildly spiced so the whole family can tuck in.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g butternut squash coarsely grated
- 0.5 tsps fresh ginger, grated
- 0.5 tsps garam masala
- 0.5 tsps ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsps ground coriander
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsps sundried tomato paste
- 1 tsps honey
- 125 g pork or chicken mince
- 125 g beef mince
- 30 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 15 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 0.5 tsps chopped coriander
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g pasta or rice
- To make the sauce heat the oil in a saucepan & add the onion & butternut squash. Sauté for 5 minutes, add the ginger & spices & fry for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Season & simmer for 10 minutes until the onion & squash are soft. Blend until smooth.
- To make the meatballs mix all the ingredients together & season. Shape into 20 balls.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then drop the meatballs in a single layer. Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta or rice according to the packet instructions