A chunky bowl of warming goodness always goes down great on a cold day & this Italian recipe is a winner.
- ½ small onion
- ½ leek, white part only, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ celery stalk, diced
- 100 g French beans, cut into 1cm lengths
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 50 g very small pasta shapes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and leek for 2 minutes, then add the carrot, celery, French beans, potato and parsley and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over the chicken or vegetable stock and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and pasta and cook for 5 minutes (check the packet instructions for the cooking time of the pasta.