Mince Pies are the perfect treat throughout the season & as we all know Santa likes a mince pie or two on his travels!
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 225 g plain flour
- 30 g caster sugar
- 120 g butter, cubed
- 75 g ground almonds
- 1 large egg. beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 410 g mincemeat
- icing sugar to decorate
- Measure the flour, caster sugar and butter into a processor. Whiz until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the almonds and whiz again.
- Add the egg and water and whiz until the mixture just comes together. Tip onto a floured work surface and lightly knead into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out on the work surface, then cut out 12 circles using a 8 cm cutter.
- Line the bases of a 12 hole muffin tin, pressing the pastry half way up the sides. Fill each case with the mincemeat.
- Cut out slightly smaller circles to make 12 tops for the pies. Place on top of the mincemeat and press the edges to seal the pies. Make a small hole in the top of each pie. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (180 C Fan)/400 F/Gas Mark 6
- Brush the tops with egg yolk.
- Bake the mince pies for about 20 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Place a snowflake stencil over each of the mince pies sift over icing sugar and then lift the stencils.