Mild Prawn Curry
This delicious aromatic prawn curry is quick, easy to prepare & a dish the whole family will enjoy.
450g raw King Prawns Approx 300g rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion. finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 green chilli, finely diced
- 1 red pepper. deseeded & finely diced
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 260 ml water
- 50 g creamed coconut
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 450 g raw king prawns
- 300 g rice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and red pepper for 5 minutes until almost soft.
- Add the garam masala and coat the onion mixture. Add the tinned tomatoes, water, creamed coconut, tomato puree and mango chutney.
- Bring up to the boil, cover with a lid, then simmer for 20 minutes. Add the prawns to the hot sauce with seasoning and stir over the heat until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice cooked according to the instructions on the packet.