Meatball Pasta Bake
Family favourite alert! Cook some mighty meatballs & nestle them inside spirals of tomato pasta for a hearty supper.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 350 g lean minced beef
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- ½ apple, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- a dash of sugar
- 200 g fusilli pasta
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- Measure all of the meatballs ingredients into a food processor. Whiz until combined, then shape into 25 balls. Chill in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until just soft.
- Add the tomatoes, paste and sugar. Season and bring up to the boil. Then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add 1 tbsp of oil. Fry the meatballs until lightly golden on all sides. Add to the sauce, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, then add to the meatballs.
- Add the basil and spoon into a shallow dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Put under a hot grill for 5 minutes until bubbling and the cheese has melted.