Exclusive recipe from Annabel’s Baby-Led Weaning Recipe Book
Individual ramekins are the perfect size for your little one and look so much more appealing than serving small portions of a family meal onto a large plate.
- 225 g/8 oz potatoes, peeled and diced
- 225 g/8 oz carrots, peeled and diced
- 20 g/¾ oz butter
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 185 g/6 oz cooked chicken meat, cubed (or 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm/¾ in cubes)
- 3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 200 ml/7 fl oz whole milk
- 50 g/2 oz grated Cheddar cheese
- 25 g/1 oz tinned drained sweetcorn
- A little salt and pepper (for babies over 12 months old)
- Put the potatoes and carrots in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10–12 minutes until soft. Drain, then mash until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks and sauté for 5 minutes, until just soft, then add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes. Next, add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle over the plain flour, stir for 1 minute, then gradually stir in the milk and bring to the
- boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. While it’s simmering, preheat the grill.
- Add three-quarters of the grated cheese to the sauce, season with salt and pepper (if using) and add the sweetcorn. Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins.
- Spoon the potato and carrot mash on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place under the grill for 4–5 minutes, until lightly golden on top and bubbling.