Little Chick Cupcakes
Let them flock to the kitchen with these deliciously tempting cupcakes, complete with little Easter chicks.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 150 g butter softened
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 50 g peeled apple, grated
- 30 g dried apricots, chopped finely
- 30 g sultanas
- 30 g golden marzipan, grated
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g icing sugar, sieved
- 50 g cream cheese
- Yellow fondant or marzipan for the chick
- Black writing icing for the eyes
- Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 160C Fan/ Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder into a mixing bowl and beat together using an electric mixer or by hand. Add the remaining ingredients and beat again. Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden and well risen. Leave to cook on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, beat all of the icing ingredients together until smooth. Spread onto the cold cupcakes.
- Mould the fondant into the shape of a chick, draw on some black eyes using Writing icing and add a couple of mini Easter Eggs.