Little Chick Cupcakes
Let them flock to the kitchen with these deliciously tempting cupcakes, complete with little Easter chicks.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 150 g butter softened
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 50 g peeled apple, grated
- 30 g dried apricots, chopped finely
- 30 g sultanas
- 30 g golden marzipan, grated
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g icing sugar, sieved
- 50 g cream cheese
- Yellow fondant or marzipan for the chick
- Black writing icing for the eyes
- Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 160C Fan/ Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder into a mixing bowl and beat together using an electric mixer or by hand. Add the remaining ingredients and beat again. Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden and well risen. Leave to cook on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, beat all of the icing ingredients together until smooth. Spread onto the cold cupcakes.
- Mould the fondant into the shape of a chick, draw on some black eyes using Writing icing and add a couple of mini Easter Eggs.