Honey Bee Cupcakes
Kids will be buzzing to make & decorate these super yummy cupcakes.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 60 g salted butter
- 60 g soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple puree
- 85 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
For the bees & flowers
- 200 g marzipan
- melted chocolate or writing icing
- 12 flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°C/ Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 6 paper muffin cases. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Pout in the honey and beat everything together until fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, and apple puree, then beat this into the butter mixture. Sift over the flour, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Now fold all the dry ingredients by running your spatula around the outside of the bowl and across the middle until everything is well mixed.
- Fill the paper cases with the mixture. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until risen, golden and firm to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the bees, shape the heads and bodies from marzipan and gently squash them together so the stick. Cut our flower shapes.
- Paint on the bees’ faces and stripes using melted chocolate or writing icing. Push flaked almonds into the sides for wings. Press sprinkles into the flowers.