Hungry? These homemade burgers taste great when made with good quality beef with no hidden nasties.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 450 g lean minced beef or lamb
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (chopped)
- 1 beef stock cube, finely crumbled
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 lightly beaten egg
- 60 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a little flour
- vegetable oil for frying, or brushing a griddle pan
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sautéed onion together with all the other ingredients. With floured hands, form into 10 burgers.
- Fry the burgers into a little hot oil in a large shallow frying pan on a high heat to brown and seal, then lower the heat and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn them over and continue to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Alternatively, brush a griddle pan with a little oil and, when hot, place 4 burgers on the griddle and cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining burgers.