Grilled Lemon Sole with Herb Butter
Melted herb butter soaks well into this soft & tender fish. You can always make a batch of butter & freeze it for next time.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 75 g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped finely
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 2 lemon sole, head removed & skinned both sides
- a little olive oil
- To make the herb butter. Mix the butter , herbs and salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Put onto a piece of clingfilm . Shape into a sausage shape and roll up in the clingfilm. Chill in the fridge until firm.
- Pre-heat the grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Brush both sides of the fish with olive oil and season.
- Grill on one side for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Carefully turn over and grill on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Just before the end, cut 3 slices of butter and place on top of the fish. Grill for a few seconds to melt.
- This will make enough herb butter for 2 to 3 fish.