Gluten Free Brownies
Even if you’ve not got an allergy, you will love this gluten-free brownie recipe guaranteed to hit the spot.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 200 g plain chocolate, cut into chunks
- 200 g butter, cut into 1 cm (1/2 in) chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 175 g light muscovado sugar
- 110 g gluten-free plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, and stir until melted. Alternatively, put the chocolate and butter into a suitable bowl, microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave in 10-second blasts until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale and frothy. Stir in the chocolate and then sift and fold in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and a large pinch of salt. Fold in the white chocolate chunks.
- Line a 28 cm x 20 cm (14 in x 8 in) cake tin with baking parchment, with the parchment coming up the sides of the tin. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 20–25 minutes, until a crust has formed but there is some give underneath when pressed. Do not overbake. Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly in the tin. Don’t worry, it will sink and crack a little.
- Remove from the tin and cut into squares before serving. You can dust with icing sugar if you wish.