The treat part of ‘trick or treat’ night. Get your spook on with these fun gingerbread skeletons over Halloween. The kids will love them!
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 45g softened butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 60g golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 170g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 150g fondant icing
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick paper.
- Measure the butter and sugar into a bowl until light and fluffy using a hand whisk. Add the syrup and egg yolk and whisk again. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture comes together. Knead into a ball.
- Roll out on a floured work surface. Cut out 12 skeletons using a gingerbread cutter. Place onto the baking sheet. Chill for 20 minutes then bake for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing with the water to make a smooth consistency. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle. Pipe white lines onto the cookies to make the bones on the skeleton.
- Leave to set for 30 minutes.