Ginger & Spice Animal Cookies
Just like a gingerbread man, make ginger animals instead. Kids will love making shapes out of the dough & decorating their edible masterpieces.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 200 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 100 g dark brown soft sugar
- 10 g golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- white writing icing
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and spices. Heat the butter sugar and golden syrup in a small pan until dissolved, stirring frequently, then allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir the syrup mixture, egg yolk and milk into the dry ingredients and form into a ball of dough. Cover with plastic film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan 160C) / 350 F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to about 3mm (1/4 in) thick. Cut into animal shapes using the cutters . Bake the bisuits for 11 to 12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pipe designs on the cookies.using White Writing Icing.