Ghoulishly good cupcakes that are simple but look so effective. Your little monsters will love these on Halloween.
- 175 g butter
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 750 g ready to roll white icing
- black & pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Beat together the caster sugar, butter and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time with a tablespoon of flour for each egg. Beat well and fold in the remaining flour.
- Spoon into 12 greased and floured dariole moulds, place on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut the top of the cakes off to form a flat surface and then turn out onto a board or plate. Leave until completely cold.
- Roll out the white icing on a surface dusted with cornflour and cut out 12 circles (can use a saucer as a guide).
- From the trimmings, use a mini cutter to cut out some tiny oval shapes or roll some tiny balls of white icing into oval shapes. Dampen them with a little water and stick them onto the front of the ghost to make the eyes. Use the black writing icing to make the pupils