First Veg Puree
Orange fleshed veggies like carrot, sweet potato & pumpkin are rich in beta carotene – the vegetable source of vitamin A which is important for growth & fighting infection.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 250 g of either carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash or pumpkin – peeled & chopped
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Put in a steamer set over boiling water and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Alternatively, place in a pan, pour over just enough boiling water to cover and simmer covered for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Blend the vegetable to a puree or your desired consistency using some of the liquid from the bottom of the steamer or the pan.
- Spoon a little puree into your baby’s bowl and serve lukewarm. Pour the remainder into an ice cube tray and freeze.