First apple puree
Embark on your weaning adventure with apples. Choose sweeter varieties such as Pink Lady, Royal Gala or Jazz & check the fruit is ripe first before giving it to your baby.
- 2 sweet eating apples eg: Pink Lady, Royal Gala or Jazz Apples
- 4 to 5 tbsp water or pure apple juice
- Peel, halve, core and chop the apples. Put into a heavy based saucepan with the water or apple juice. Cover and cook over a low heat for 6 to 8 minutes until really tender.
- Puree in a food processor or place in a bowl and use a hand blender to blend to your desired consistency. Freeze in individual portions.
- You could also steam the apples for 7 to 8 minutes until tender If steaming you can add some of the boiled water from the bottom of the steamer to thin out the puree.