Eat Your Greens Puree
Get your little ones eating their greens, by adding a little potato to pureed broccoli, onion & peas.
- 40 g peeled & chopped onion
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 250 g potatoes, peeled & diced
- 375 ml unsalted vegetable stock or water
- 50 g broccoli florets
- 50 g frozen peas
- Sauté the onion in the butter until softened but not coloured (about 5 minutes).
- Add the potato, pour over the stock or water, cover and bring to the boil and then cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the peas and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- It’s a good idea to puree this in a mouli or baby food grinder to get rid of the husks from the peas and also pureeing potato in a blender breaks down the natural starches and makes it sticky.