Cinderella’s Coach Risotto
Pumpkin risotto is a recipe fit for a princess. For fun, serve it in hollowed-out mini pumpkins or squashes.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1/2 medium butternut squash or pumpkin
- 30 g butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 225 g risotto rice
- approx 900 ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp marscarpone cheese
- 30 g grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (optional), to serve
- Peel and deseed the squash and cut into 3cm chunks. Steam for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Cool slightly and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for 5-6 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and rice and cook, stirring for a further 2-3 minutes, until the rice is translucent around the edges.
- Add 300ml of the hot stock and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until the stock has been absorbed. Add a further 300ml of the hot stock and cook, stirring frequently, for another 8-10 minutes, until the rice is almost tender (if you bite into a grain it will be slightly chalky in the centre) and the stock has been absorbed. If the rice is still very undercooked, add 100ml more of the stock and continue to cook, as above for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the squash puree and 100ml of hot stock and cook for 2-3 minutes, until thick. Stir in enough of the remaining stock to give a loose, but not runny consistency then remove from the heat and stir in the marscapone., Parmesan and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve in bowls (or hollowed out mini pumkins or squashes) wth extra grated Parmesan and sprinkled with chopped parsley, if using)