Ciabatta Sandwich Loaf
In need of sandwich inspo? This ciabatta loaf is deliciously soft when baked in the oven for 20 minutes so the cheese melts.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 red peppers
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Place on a baking tray cut side down and roast for 20 minutes or until the skins are brown. Put the peppers in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to cool.
- Peel the skins off the peppers.
- Slice the ciabatta in half lengthways and remove some of the dough.
- Spread the sundried tomato paste on both sides of the bread, then arrange the tomatoes on the base of the bread with the mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves.
- Season well, and add the peppers, followed by the top half of the bread.
- Wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for one hour. When ready to serve, slice the loaf into eight.