Chocolate Orange Brownies
Blitz a batch of brownies with a hint of orange zest for a gooey-chocolatey treat.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 180g butter
- 200 g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 packed cups light brown sugar
- zest of 1 large orange
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- large pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Line an 8in (20cm) square cake pan with baking parchment, making sure the parchment comes up the sides of the pan.
- Put the butter, semi-sweet chocolate and sugar in a large heat-proof bowl and set it over (but not in) a saucepan of warm water.
- Let the butter and chocolate melt, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl from the saucepan and leave to cool.
- Prepare the orange zest and juice. Then whisk these together with the eggs, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the cooled melted chocolate.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder onto the chocolate mixture and fold it in.
- Now add the white chocolate chips and fold these in too.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan. To serve, turn the cool brownies out of the pan and cut into squares.