Chicken with Summer Vegetables
Babies love this recipe because of the secret ingredient, which is… apple juice! Just add 2 tbsp of juice to add a sweet essence to this puree.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast (approx 125g), cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 175 ml chicken stock
- 1 medium courgette, chopped (100g)
- 200 g sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 50 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, torn
- Sauté the onion and sweet pepper in the olive oil until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour over the apple juice and stock and stir in the courgette and sweet potato.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the basil.
- Chop or puree to the desired consistency.