Super sliders are bite-sized burgers, perfect for tiny hands & tums. If you’ve got older kids then make these patties twice the size.
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 red onion (approx. 125 g), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g chicken or turkey mince
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
- salt & pepper to season
- Put the bread in a food processor and whiz to make breadcrumbs. Add the milk and leave to soak.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion for 5 minutes in the olive oil until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to a food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Season to taste and whiz for 1 minute to chop and combine.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan. Drop the mixture by tablespoons into the pan.
- Press down slightly using a wet teaspoon. Sauté for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Suitable for freezing uncooked: Put teaspoons of the mixture on a baking sheet lined with cling film. Cover with more cling film and freeze until soli then transer to a re-sealable box or bag.
- Defrost overnight and cook as above. Reheating is not recommended.