Chicken in a BBQ Sauce
Chicken in BBQ sauce is always a favourite. Top tip, toss the chicken in a little honey before stir frying as it gives the chicken a delicious flavour.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced, then cut in half again
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 450 g chicken breast cut into chunks
- 2 tsp honey
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until tender (4 to 5 minutes). Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Steam the carrot for about 10 minutes or until tender .
- Add the stock, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar to the onion. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp of cold water. Add to the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Season the chicken and toss with the honey. Quickly fry the chicken until browned. Add to the sauce with the carrots and simmer for 5 minutes . Season to taste. Serve with rice.