One of Annabel’s most popular recipes, these Chicken & Apple Balls are perfect for the whole family & can be served hot or cold.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled & grated
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, or sage, or a pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- plain flour for coating
- vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté half the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Using your hands, squeeze out a little excess liquid from the grated apple.
- Mix the apple with the chicken, then add the cooked and remaining raw onion, herbs stock cube (from 1 year) and breadcrumbs and roughly chop in a food processor for a few seconds. Season with a little salt and pepper (from 1 year).
- With your hands, form into about 20 little balls, roll in flour and fry in shallow oil for about 5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.