Baked potatoes make a healthy alternative to chips. For a speedy option, cook them in the microwave first before roasting them in the oven for 30 mins.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
To start with
- 2 Baked Potatoes
For Butternut Squash filling:
- 100 g butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 10 g butter
- 10 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 g grated cheddar cheese, grated
For Broccoli and Cheese filling:
- 125 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 15 g butter
- 15 g plain flour
- 150 ml milk
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 30 g grated cheddar cheese
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
For Chilli Bean filling:
- 150 g tin baked beans
- 2 tsp Heinz chilli sauce
- Tabasco, 6 drops or to taste
- 20 g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Wash and prick medium sized baking potatoes.
- For a crispy skin, rub the potatoes lightly with a little olive oil before baking.
- Bake in the oven for about one hour or until tender.
- Alternatively you can cook the two potatoes in a microwave.
- Wash and prick the potatoes and cook on high for 10 minutes,
- then transfer them to an oven preheated to 200C/400F and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
With Butternut Squash
- Steam the butternut squash for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Alternatively bake in the oven with the potato.
- Cut a medium baked potato in half, scoop out the flesh and mash together with the cooked butternut squash, mustard, parmesan and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture back into the potato shells, cover with the grated Cheddar and grill for 5 to 6 minutes.
Broccoli & Cheese Topping
- Steam the broccoli for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
- Refresh under a cold running tap and leave to drain.
- Melt the butter, stir in the flour, cook for one minute.
- Take off the heat and add the milk gradually to make a smooth sauce.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring until it comes to the boil and then cook for one minute. It will be quite a thick sauce.
- Stir in the mustard, two cheeses, salt and pepper and the broccoli.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potato, gently squeeze and spoon the filling into the middle.
With Chilli Beans
- Mix together the baked beans, Chilli sauce and Tabasco.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potatoes, gently squeeze and spoon the filling into the middle.
- Top with the grated cheese. Place under a preheated grill until golden and bubbling.