Carrots, Broccoli & Cheese Puree
Broccoli oozes with vitamin C, folic acid & iron so it’s an important veggie to add to purees. Try mashing it with potato & cheese for a classic combo.
- 300 g potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & sliced
- 75 g broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp your baby's usual milk
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 40 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Put the potatoes and carrot into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for about 7 minutes until tender.
- Alternatively add broccoli to the potatoes and carrot after about 12 minutes.
- Drain the potato and carrot and mash together with the broccoli, milk, butter and cheese.