Starting to wean? Make sure carrot purees are on your meal planner. They are soft when cooked & puree to a smooth consistency.
- 350 g carrots, peeled & chopped
- Put the carrots into a steamer set over boiling water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Alternatively put the carrots in a saucepan and pour over just enough boiling water to and cover with a lid, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain the carrots and place in a blender, adding some of the water from the bottom of the steamer or some of the cooking liquid, then puree until very smooth.
- The amount of liquid you add really depends on your baby, you may need to add a little more if he finds the puree difficult to swallow.
- Spoon some of the puree into your baby’s bowl and serve lukewarm. You can freeze the remainder in an ice cube tray or small plastic containers.