Beef & Spinach Stir Fry
Want dinner in less than 30 mins? This recipe is quick, easy & packed full of iron for growing families.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175 g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 225 g fillet or sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips
- 85 g baby spinach leaves, washed & dried
- 150 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tsp cold water
- 110 g rice or fusili pasta
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir-fry for a further 4-5 minutes, until the mushrooms have cooked through and are turning golden at the edges.
- Spoon the mushrooms and onions into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the spinach has wilted, then add the cooked mushrooms and onions, stock, oyster sauce, sugar and cornflour mixture, and bring up to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and serve with rice or pasta.
- To finish off you could sprinkle over some sliced spring onion.