Barbecue Teriyaki Chicken Burger
Burgers are at the heart of any BBQ & this recipe is not to be missed! The teriyaki coating brings a sweet and sour Asian twist to your plate.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 225 g minced chicken
- 20 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp parsley
- Mix together the soy, hoisin, honey and ginger and set aside.
- Sauté red onion for 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly, then mix in the chicken. Add half a crumbled stock cube, breadcrumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into 4 Burgers.
- Arrange the chicken burgers in a barbecue basket
- Cook over medium hot coals for 5 minutes each side, until cooked thoroughly. Medium hot coals means you should be able to hold your hand over the BBQ comfortably for 10 seconds. Brush tops with teriyaki sauce, turn and cook 1 minute, brush with sauce again, turn and cook a further minute. Repeat brushing and turning once more on each side then serve.