Chicken drumsticks are the ultimate lunch staple & this coating is deliciously sweet & sour, making them 100% irresistible.
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks (you can also use skinned if you prefer)
- salt & pepper to season
- Mix together the jam, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Make two or three cuts in the flesh of each drumstick then put them in a large bowl or re-sealable plastic food bag.
- Pour over the marinade and toss to coat the drumsticks. Cover or seal and marinate 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Put the drumsticks in a baking dish lined with foil and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the marinade left in the bag, cover with foil and bake the drumsticks for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, turn over the drumsticks, then baste with juices in the pan. Cook, uncovered, for a further 10–15 minutes, basting every 5 minutes with the juices in the pan, until the chicken has cooked through.
- Let cool slightly before serving, and serve warm; they are also good cold. The cooked drumsticks will keep in the fridge for 2–3 days.