Apple & Honey Cupcakes
It’s time to get messy. Have fun with your little ones decorating these apple & honey cupcakes as funny faces.
- 50 g butter, softened
- 40 g light muscavado sugar
- 50 g runny honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 25 g peeled, grated apple
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- icing sugar
- pink & yellow food colouring
- assorted sweets
- sugar flowers
- white chocolate buttons
- tub of ready made frosting
- Preheat the oven to 160 C fan / 180 C / Gas 4.
- Put all of the cupcake ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix using an electric hand whisk or free standing mixer until combined.
- Spoon into the silicone cases in the tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly golden and springy to touch and starting to shrink away from the sides of the cases.
- Leave to cool.
- To prepare the icing, mix the icing sugar with enough water to make a thick paste.
- Divide the icing in two and colour one half pale pink and the other half yellow.
- Form into small balls and pat flat to make circles just a little smaller than the cupcake.
- Place these on top of the cupcakes.
- Design your own faces using piped frosting for the hair and a selection of sweets and edible sugar flowers for the faces.