Annabel’s Quick Tomato Sauce
Short on time? Make a batch of this delicious tomato sauce to pour over pasta, pizza bases or meatballs. Just pop what you don’t need in the freezer until next time.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt & pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and sauté the shallot and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, squashing the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Boil, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or at least until the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.