Add a rainbow to your paella with lots of different meats & veggies, such as tomatoes, red pepper, onions & peas.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or use ordinary paprika
- 200 g long grain rice
- 3 tomatoes, de-seeded & cut into 1cm cubes
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 tsp of salt
- 75g peeled prawns
- 110g frozen peas
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a fairly large frying pan and sauté the onion and red pepper for 1 minute, then lower the heat and cook, covered, for about 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to high and sauté the chicken strips for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken turns white.
- Add the smoked paprika and the rice and cook gently for 2 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix together the stock and tomato purée and pour this over the rice.
- Give it a quick stir and add the chilli flakes and salt.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 12 – 15 minutes or until the rice is tender (check cooking instructions on the packet)
- Add the prawns and peas for the last 2 to 3 minutes. Finally, stir in the chopped spring onion.