White Chocolate Cookies
Cranberry & white chocolate is a popular winter cookie combo. It’s best to take these out of the oven when they’re quite soft as they’ll crisp on the outside once cool.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 100g butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 175g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g white chocolate, cut into small chunks
- 75g dried cranberries
- 75g butter, softened
- 125g icing sugar, sifted
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 2 tsp milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5. Beat the butter together with the sugars. Use a fork to beat the egg together with the vanilla essence and add this to the butter mixture. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, add this to the butter and egg mixture, and blend well. Mix in the chunks of white chocolate and cranberries.
- To make the cookies, line four baking sheets with non-stick baking paper. Form the dough into walnut-sized balls and arrange on the baking sheets, spaced well apart. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Allow them to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream for the filling, beat the softened butter until creamy. Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and beat together with the butter. Finally, beat in the vanilla and milk. Spread the buttercream over one of the cookies and place a second cookie on top.